Sunday, August 15, 2010

Annie’s Memories of Pop Pop


Q – What do you remember about Pop Pop?

A – He always says, “Red, White and Blue.” Cause he was confused I think.

Q – How old were you when Pop Pop lived with us?

A – I think six or five.

Q – You were actually 3 going on 4.

A – Really? (Surprised and puzzled look on her face) I don’t remember that. I also remember that he liked fruit.
Q – Can you share a memory you have of him?

A – I went to the fourth of July with him. It was always fun. I stood next to him and sometimes talked to him. That (memory) makes me sad, cause he’s not here with us like he was last 4th of July. (actually three 4th of July’s ago – but who’s counting?)
Q - Did you do anything special for Pop Pop?

A – Umm... Filled up his fruit and candy bowl in his room so he could have his fruit early in the morning next to him.

Q – How did that make you feel to do that for Pop Pop?

A – Special cause Pop Pop would always say, “Thank you, Annie.” Sometimes he would get confused and call me “Sweetie Pie.” He probably thought I was his daughter.

Q – What was your favorite thing about Pop Pop?

A – Everything. Having Christmas with him. That way we could celebrate with all our family.

Q – Was there anything you didn’t like about him living with us.

A – I think it was perfectly fine. Because I missed him when he lived over there (Alabama) and we wouldn’t get to see him much. Like I could just go downstairs to his room and say, “Hi Pop Pop!”

Q – Did he ever do anything funny?

A- He did walk out without his stroller-thingy. The walker thing – I forget what it’s called. He walked out and he said, “Hey!” And we all laughed. Cause he didn’t usually come out without his walker because if he didn’t come out with a walker, he might trip. Q – How did you feel when Pop Pop died?

A – I felt sad. I felt sad for mommy cause that was her favorite dad.

Q – What would you tell other boys and girls that might lose a grandparent?

A – I’m sorry that that happened. And I would pray for them. God’s always with you and your parents are in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment