Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Isms in the Kitchen Part 3 - Annie's Thoughts on Dinning without Dairy


Q – How long have you been livin’ with isms in the kitchen?

A – About probably 2 weeks.

Q – Or maybe since November?

A- It’s not November. Oh, you mean since we started Gluten Free?

Q – Yes. Has it been hard to change your diet?

A- It was hard when we started it, but it’s not now since we can find food that taste like the real thing.

Q – Do you still miss certain foods?

A - I miss cake, cinnamon rolls, oh and MILK! That is a certain one! I can’t live without milk, well I can – it’s just a certain one.

Q – Do you still get to have cake, cinnamon rolls and milk?

A - Yes, but not the same kind. They taste different, but very good.

Q – What is your favorite new food?

A - Chocolate milk – you know the Almond Chocolate milk? Mom, when I come home from the pool, do I sound funny?

Q - Sometimes :) Can you tell a difference since we changed foods?

A – Aaaahhh little bit. I can tell a difference since we tried the gluten free diet, but I can’t tell a difference when we try something if we don’t know we will have a reaction to it.

Q – Help me understand what you mean. Can you give me an example of how it feels different? How does your brain and motor feel now.

A – When I do school I feel focused. My mind is clearer. I don’t read so much backwards – when I have glasses on.

Q – Do you feel like it’s been worth it to change your diet?

A – A little bit. I’d rather be able to read and think, but have my diet back.

Q – So for now, if you can’t have both, which would you choose?

A – To read and think clearly.

Q – What would you tell another child who has to change their diet?

A – You can push through it. You can do it! Don’t give up.

Q – Has the Lord helped you through the diet change?

A – Yep. He’s helped me to push through.

Q – Is there anything else you want to say about isms in the kitchen?

A – That the food is good.

In the course of this interview, Annie cleaned her room and the living room. She also nibbled on a gluten free pancake – all in about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment